A Boost Juice banana buzz low fat smoothie- original size (650ml) is 455 calories or 1905kJ.
You would need to ride a bike for approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes. A drink of water won’t cost your diet budget anything.
Did you Know?
Apart from being one of the most widely consumed drinks, coffee has a few other benefits.
1. It can be used as a facial scrub. Just coarsely grind some coffee beans and use them to scrub your face. They have great exfoliating properties
2. You can rub coffee beans between your hands for a few seconds to remove smells that may be on your hands after preparing food; you can also suck on a coffee bean to freshen and clean your breath, no matter what you've been eating
3. Coffee makes great compost if you don't use it in excess, and sprinkling coffee grounds and orange peels around plants will keep cats from bothering the plants or using the garden as their personal litter box.
So drink up- In moderation of course
6 Interesting Facts about the Human Body
1. You get a new stomach lining every three to four days
2. The human body is estimated to have 60,000 miles of blood vessels
3. Scientists have counted over 500 different liver functions
4. The aorta is nearly the diameter of a garden hose
5. Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell
4 Easy ways to increase the fibre content of your diet
We need about 25 grams of fibre every day. Here are 4 easy ways to increase the fibre content of your food without sacrificing taste.
1. Choose breakfast cereals that are full of wholegrains such as wheat, oats or barley.
2. Make your snacks count...choose snacks such as fruit, nuts, wholegrain crackers or low fat yoghurt with seeds and berries
3. Add an extra vegetable to your lunch and dinner. If you have a stirfry or casserole you can load these up until you have a rainbow in the pot
4. No more WHITE: choose wholemeal bread with wholegrains, wholemeal pasta, brown rice and quinoa. If its white think bleached. It has had all the important nutrients that you need to digest it removed. Its nutritional value is NIL. Not only that it depletes your body of many important nutrients so that it can be digested.
Are you getting enough fibre in your diet???
Note: when you increase the fibre intake of your diet you must also increase your water intake.