Which got me thinking am I an optimist or a pessimist or am I somewhere in the middle???
Do I keep my world up to date knowing that this event is not going to happen and we will all be around on the 22nd.
Am I a pessimist...and think that the world will end and just leave all my paperwork until then because we are not going to be here anyway.
Or am I in the middle thinking well if it ends it ends and I am happy with where I am at in my life-
I am a sunshine and roses type girl and firmly believe that the world is not going to end on the 21st (I have a small gathering of friends coming over on the 22nd- thats how optimistic I am) I have written my food list for Christmas, bought gifts and wrapped gifts. I have plans for the New Year, Health Goals to achieve and more fun to have.
So I believe that everyone out there is with me on this and will be looking forward to a new year on the 31st of December. I will say goodbye to the old year and hello to the New Year with some good friends and fabulous food. This is new to me as I never used to love NYE. But with age comes change and I have now embraced what this can signify. I get to be grateful for the lessons I have learnt, the things I have achieved, the opportunities I have grasped, the celebrations I have been involved in and blessed to watch my 2 boys grow and develop into young men.
I no longer think that it is just another night that becomes just another day. Every day is full of limitless possibility and a chance for me to make a choice.
If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it then change your attitude towards it!!!
So bring on December 22nd and 2013. Write yourself a bucket list, find a goal, set a target or make a plan. The only difference between having a dream and achieving it is Belief.
This newsletter will talk to you about how to get the butt you want and why it is so important,
We have all the regulars to keep you on your toes too, a joke to make you smile, a recipe packed with nutrition to warm you and quote to make you think.
To ensure that you don't miss out you can either follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/EnrichHealth or
Just like the Enrich Nutrition page and you won't miss any of the exciting updates :-) Just click on the links above and you will go straight there.
So it's time to make a soda water and lemon, sit down, put your feet up and enjoy a read.
In Health & Happiness
Let’s talk about Glutes baby, let’s talk about you and me, let’s talk about all the good things and the great things Glutes can be, let’s talk about Glutes…Let’s talk about GLUTES-
Ok maybe not how the song goes but boy oh boy do we need good strong Glutes and here are 4 GREAT reasons why!
1. Less back Problems: When your butt is weak your lower back has to work harder which makes it sore. The general thinking is if we get a sore lower back then it must be weak- when in fact it is just tired and over worked. Your Glutes and core are your important stabilizing muscles. Strong Glutes, Strong body
2. Strong Glutes, Strong Knees- When you jump, run, skip or hop your Glutes are what stops your knees from collapsing inwards (jump in front of a mirror and watch what your knees do when you land). When you land and your knees collapse inwards you put yourself at increased risk of ACL injuries, MCL injuries and patellar subluxations. Strong Glutes- Strong Body- Less injury
3. Powerhouse Performers of the big league. If your Glutes perform well you perform well. It’s as simple as that!! When your Glutes, hamstrings and lower back all work together you work more efficiently. You jump higher, you run faster and your core is stronger. “You won’t get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have”. If you don’t switch them on and activate them they won’t get strong and you will burn fewer calories…That is TRUE!!
4. Wait for it- Here is the Kicker!!!- Weak Glutes = Weak Abs!!! If your Glutes are strong your pelvis remains in a neutral position, if your Glutes are weak your pelvis will tilt forward and your stomach will protrude forward. You instantly look heavier and rounder. Not the look you were going for!!!!
So now we know why they are important what exercises are going to give you Buns of Steel???
The top exercises you can do are…….
1. Squats- and the word on the street (by exercise physiologists and researchers) is that Glutes increase the depth of your Glutes and not the width of your Glutes….Bonus!!!
So get off your butt and put these exercise into action today- No buts about it!!!
Quote of the Month
"Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours." Author: Swedish proverb
2 Drinks to make you rethink this Christmas- Low in kJ high in taste
Carrot Ginger Martini
2 tbs chopped fresh ginger
2 tsp agave nectar
45 ml vodka
½ cup carrot juice
1 small piece of candied ginger for a garnish
Combine ginger, agave nectar and vodka in a cocktail shaker and muddle until ginger is smashed.
Add Carrot juice, shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with candied Ginger
711kJ, 27 grams Carbs, 2 grams fibre, 1 gram protein, 35 mg sodium
Pear Crumble Champagne Fizz
½ tsp agave nectar
½ tsp raw sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
120 ml chilled pear nectar
120ml chilled champagne or sparkling wine
Moisten the rim of a champagne flute with agave nectar. Combine raw sugar and cinnamon in a small dish and gently dip the rim of the flute into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated. Pour pear nectar into flutes and top with champagne.
711kJ, 25 grams carbs,
Thank you Every-one
Finally a very big thank you to each and every-one of my Team Enrich clients and readers. It has been a wonderful year in which I have had the fortune in being a part of your lives. I hope you have enjoyed your 2012 Health & Fitness journey and are looking forward to a bigger and brighter 2013 filled with love, laughter, hope and opportunity.
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year