So with that in mind this week’s newsletter has a link to help you (and me) learn how to turn your “to do” list into a “to done” list. Be sure to download the free template to ensure your success. http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_05.htm http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/worksheets/PrioritizedToDolist.pdf
There is my first tick on my “to do” list- Newsletter/Blog complete
Put your feet up and enjoy the read
Swap this for that and be on your way to a lighter you and keep your Vacuuming under control!!!
Swap Thai green curry with pork (4000kj) for Thai beef salad (1085kj)- Save 2915kj-
o This is a saving of 4 hours and 35 minutes of vacuuming (approx)
Swap Nachos (3890kj) for a bean burrito(1465kj)- Save 2425kJ
o This is a saving of 3 hours and 45 minutes of vacuuming (approx)
Swap Regular cafe latte (575kJ) for a skim milk cappuccino (242kJ)- save 333kJ
o This is a saving of 30 minutes of vacuuming (approx)
Swap chocolate mud cake (2025kJ) for skim milk hot chocolate (815kJ) – Save 1210kj
o This is a saving of 1 hr 50 minutes of vacuuming (approx)
Swap large slice of cheesecake (1714kJ) for 2 scoops of gelato (566kJ)- save 1148kJ
o This is a saving of 1 hour and 45 minutes of vacuuming (approx)
(super food ideas Jan 2008)
6 Interesting Facts about the Human Body
Monday is the day of the week when the risk of heart attack is greatest.
Humans can make do longer without food than sleep.
A simple, moderately severe sunburn damages the blood vessels extensively.
Over 90% of diseases are caused or complicated by stress.
A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.
It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
Did you Know?
These wonderful tasting fruits have a lot to offer including
24 calories or 100kJ per medium fruit
High in fibre- actually they are have the highest fibre content, per 100 grams, of all fruit
High in vitamin C
Whilst not known for their iron content – they do contain a small amount
They are available throughout the year but peak in late summer
When choosing them choose ones that are heavy with smooth to slightly wrinkled skin- Leave the ones that are excessively wrinkled dry or have blemished skins
These versatile fruits can be stored in a fruit bowl for up to 10 days or in the fridge for even longer. They can even be frozen in ice cube trays and defrosted for use when needed.
Hands up who loves it, Who gets enough of it, who wishes they could have more of it and who doesn’t think they need it?????
Sleep is such an individual thing yet studies show that as adults we need between 7-9 hours sleep a night to ensure adequate quality rest. Sleep is needed for us to learn and remember and to make logical big picture inferences. It has even been thought by some researchers that during the day you gather the pieces of the puzzle and while you sleep at night your mind puts the pieces together.......So how do you ensure you get a good nights sleep??
Have just the right room temperature- not to hot or cold- temperature is a known disruptor of sleep
* Stay away from caffeine later in the afternoon. Caffeine is a stimulant and will keep you awake way past your bed time J
* Increase your exercise. Exercise has many benefits including making your tired and helping you to sleep well at night.
* Keep regular bedtimes- to form a habit you have to repeat the same action over and over until you can do it with out thinking about it- so make a bedtime and stick to it. If there is something you want to watch on TV, then record it and watch it the next day.
* While on the subject of TV, avoid watching TV in your bedroom. This is also a stimulant and will keep you awake.
* Have a bedtime ritual, take a bath, read for a bit or meditate. This can help sleep come a little more easily.
* Finally avoid sugary foods and alcohol before bed. These will deplete the body of important nutrients which will impact on your ability to enter a long lasting deep sleep.